Diigo VS Pinterest

Diigo:

Using Diigo proves to be convenient, especially since I installed the widget. It is simple to save pages to review - just a click of the button! The tagging element is included with Diigo, but I don't pay much attention to tags. Perhaps this is an area where I can focus more on to use more of the websites capabilities. It is possible to follow others, but I did not find this very easy to do. It is easy to highlight using Diigo and add comments. I can see myself using this website well into the future. I tend to need to save websites a lot, and I usually just copy and paste the link onto a sticky note. Now, I'll remember to return to Diigo when I need it.
I wish the organization was cleaner on Diigo - something similar to how Pinterest has different categories.

Pinterest:

I am an avid Pinterest user, even before this assignment! I use this website frequently to find ideas for management, organization, centers, holidays, crafts, and so much more. I love how creative it is and how many wonderful ideas it provides. Since I have been using my personal account for so long, I have managed to create many, many, (almost too many) folders. For this reason, I find that if I pin something it is difficult to relocate it after some time has passed. However, I do enjoy the fact that different folders are able to be created.
There is not much of an opportunity to highlight or comment (other than on the original pin) using Pinterest. However, it is easy to follow others, and there are many good people available to follow!

Overall:

I know I will continue using Pinterest (I don't know where I'd be without it!), and will continue use with Diigo to see if eventually becomes natural to bookmark.

Comments

  1. How could you see yourself using Diigo in the future? I tend to use it for articles and Websites where I find Pinterest is more for links back to ideas. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an avid user of Pinterest myself! I find it to be more visually pleasing and easier to organize websites. You are able to search within your board to find a specific pin. Diigo was very confusing for me to figure out, and I also couldn't figure out how to follow other users.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts