Classroom 2.0

The idea of combining my interest in social media and my career is one I was hesitant to pursue. I have found that since work consumes most of my life, I need a separation between the two. Previously, when I am relaxing watching Netflix after work, I find myself going through my own personal social media sites. This gives me the reassurance that there are other humans out there that do not only talk  about education and their students!

However, as Adam Levine pointed out in his video New Media Consortium, we need to use technologies that might scare us, to keep us relevant in the field. So I took the leap, and I joined Classroom 2.0, a social network introducing me to new colleagues. 

I was immediately impressed with the different functions of this social media site - it offers much more than Instagram! I now have access to various forums, member pages, groups, recordings, books, videos, blogs, and different activities happening. I can see myself reading through this while watching Netflix to hear about others' experiences. Now, if I have a tough day I can use social media to remind myself that others experience the same things I do in the classroom while figuring out ways to handle and improve situations!

Here's to becoming a novice and uncomfortable with new technology!

Comments

  1. I was actually able to meet and talk to one of the biggest contributors to the site and it totally convinced me how valuable sites like this can truly be when talking directly to other teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts